The next generation Web Frontend is shipped as an oCIS Extension. The
ocis-web extension is also embedded in the single binary and part of the
ocis server command.
To update this package within all the deliveries, we need to update the package in the following chain from the bottom to the top.
Before updating the assets, make sure that ownCloud Web has been released first and take note of its release tag name.
- Create a branch
release-$version. in https://github.com/owncloud/ocis
- Create a Folder in
changelogfor the release version and date
- Move all changelog items from the
changelog/unreleased/folder to the
- Update the go module
ocis-pkgto the latest version https://blog.golang.org/using-go-modules .
- Update the ownCloud Web asset by adjusting the value of
WEB_ASSETS_VERSIONat the top of the Makefile and specify the tag name of the latest ownCloud Web release.
make clean generate.
- Create a changelog item for the update in the
- Commit your changes.
- After merging, wait for the CI to run on the merge commit.
- Go to “Releases” in GH click “Draft a new Release”.
v$major.$minor.$patchas a tag (the
vprefix is important) and publish it.
- The tag and the Release artifacts will be created automatically.