Setup with ownCloud 10
Decide on which host and port Web will be served, for example
In this document, we will refer to the following:
<web-url>as the full URL, for example
<web-domain>as the protocol, domain and port, for example:
Make sure you have an ownCloud Server already installed.
Add the following entries to config/config.php:
- tell ownCloud where Web is located:
'web.baseUrl' => '<web-url>',
- add a CORS domain entry for Web in config.php:
'cors.allowed-domains' => ['<web-domain>'],
- optional: when developing against unstable APIs (technical preview), these need to be enabled in the server core:
dav.enable.tech_preview => true,
To connect to the ownCloud server, it is necessary to set it up with OAuth2.
Install and enable the oauth2 app:
% occ market:install oauth2 % occ app:enable oauth2
Login as administrator in the ownCloud Server web interface and go to the “User Authentication” section in the admin settings and add an entry for Web as follows:
- pick an arbitrary name for the client
- set the redirection URI to
- make sure to take note of the client identifier value as it will be needed in the Web configuration later on
In the local Web checkout, copy the
config/config.json.sample-oc10 file to
config/config.json and adjust it accordingly:
- Set the “server” key to the URL of the ownCloud server including path. If the URL contains a path, please also add a trailing slash there.
- Set the “clientId” key to the client identifier as copied from the “User Authentication” section before.
- Adjust “url” and “authUrl” using the ownCloud server URL as prefix for both
- Optionally adjust “apps” for the list of apps to be loaded. These match the app names inside the “apps” folder.
- if running from source, make sure to build Web first
- run by launching a rollup dev server
- when working on the Web code, rollup will recompile the code automatically
For testing, please refer to the ownCloud 10 testing section